Punisher War Zone (Former SHH members)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Punisher War Zone (Former SHH members)

The Punisher SHH forums are down, so now we've created this forum to continue discussing our love for all things Punisher.

5 posters

Punisher MAX

Punisher_MAX
    Punisher_MAX

Punisher MAX Empty Punisher MAX

Post  Punisher_MAX Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:03 pm

lets talk about anything and everything about Ennis' run on the character in this thread and post Ennis.

After Valley Forge i havent kept up so i need someone to update me on whats been happening.
    Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Punisher MAX Empty Re: Punisher MAX

Post  Brendan Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:49 pm

Well I'm currently out of school and not working a job so I've been saving up my money by not buying comic books, which seems fine to me cause I kinda lost interested after Ennis's departure as well. I did read GIRLS IN WHITE DRESSES though. I felt it started out strong but ended kinda poorly. I felt that possibly could have been avoided if it was 6 issues rather than only 5.

I plan on picking up all future Punisher stories in the MAX after they're released in TBD.
    Punisher_MAX
    Punisher_MAX

Post  Punisher_MAX Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:00 pm

lets hope Ennis returns cause it isnt the same without him.
    Balthus Dire
    Balthus Dire

Post  Balthus Dire Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:17 pm

I thought "Girls in White Dresses" was great. I haven't been a fan of "6 Hours to Kill" though. In fact, I think it's one of the worst Punisher arcs in years.
    Sgt.Castle
    Sgt.Castle

Post  Sgt.Castle Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:21 pm

Yeah, I'm not a fan of 6 hours to kill either. I love Dark Reign though, Rick Remender is a pretty fuckin' good writer, and The art is fantastic.

Tim Bradstreet is Back!!!
    Punisher_MAX
    Punisher_MAX

Post  Punisher_MAX Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Bradstreet is back??? to MAX?
    Balthus Dire
    Balthus Dire

Post  Balthus Dire Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:13 pm

I finally got caught up on the last few months of Punisher titles.

6 Hours to Kill is shaping up to be an alright story, the last few issues were a lot better than the first few. I think what really kills it for me is the art...it's just so unimaginative and the panels are so blah. The writing seemed to mature a bit since Issue 1. I guess we'll see how it all wraps up. "Girls" still murders it in my opinion though.

Another reason why I might think it's so blah is because "Punisher" is fucking amazing. I thought the first issue was great but the second issue was meh, but I've since completely fallen in love with it. The last couple issues were stellar; I love Frank taking on The Hood and blasting fools left and right. It's like they're really pushing the boundaries; he's not tame at all. The guy writing really knows how to write Frank's character, too. Frank's dialogue is spot on; something it's certainly not in 6HTK.
    Balthus Dire
    Balthus Dire

Post  Balthus Dire Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:28 pm

Does anyone post here anymore? lol

I just read the last issue of 6HTK and wanted to throw up in my mouth. Yuck. Most of the artwork doesn't even have backgrounds!! It's just a solid random colour or a gradient colour fill! I really hope the next MAX arc is awesome. It's gonna be a kick in the balls for me to buy the 6HTK TPB just to have it in the collection even though I hated it!
    fat freddys cat
    fat freddys cat

Post  fat freddys cat Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Balthus Dire wrote:It's like they're really pushing the boundaries; he's not tame at all. The guy writing really knows how to write Frank's character, too. Frank's dialogue is spot on; something it's certainly not in 6HTK.

still think Remender can write The Punisher after this Frankencastle shit ? Lol

although am looking forward to the 'In the Blood ' limited series in November
    fat freddys cat
    fat freddys cat

Post  fat freddys cat Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:23 am

And I must say In The Blood , is two issues in, and it's great , but the real news is that PunisherMAX is back next month ! Anyone else out there ?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am