Punisher War Zone (Former SHH members)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Punisher War Zone (Former SHH members)

The Punisher SHH forums are down, so now we've created this forum to continue discussing our love for all things Punisher.

4 posters

Sequel to John Woo's Hard Boiled (aka Stranglehold the Movie!)

Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Sequel to John Woo's Hard Boiled (aka Stranglehold the Movie!) Empty Sequel to John Woo's Hard Boiled (aka Stranglehold the Movie!)

Post  Brendan Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:51 am

Source: http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/03/08/a-sequel-to-john-woos-hard-boiled-is-in-development/

John Woo’s production company Lion Rock Entertainment is developing a big screen sequel to the classic 1992 Hong Kong action film Hard Boiled. Screenwriters Jeremy Passmore (Special) and Andre Fabrizio (upcoming John Carpenter film The Prince) are penning the adaption of the Woo-produced 2007 video game
    Strangehold, which was an official sequel to Hard Boiled and featured star Chow Yun-Fat reprising his role as hard-boiled cop Inspector “Tequila” Yuen. I assume the film being developed for American audiences, as American screenwriters are attached. Which makes me wonder if this would be a real sequel to Hard Boiled, or a stand-alone film which could function as a sequel to Hard Boiled in an alternative universe where the first film took place in the United States (and some people thought Watchmen was confusing?).

The original film has garnered cult status and is considered one of the greatest and most influential action films of all time (#9) and of the the top cult films of all time (#18 ) by Entertainment Weekly . Empire Magazine said that it was “more exciting than a dozen Die Hard’s” and even went on to include the film’s lead protagonist, Tequila, as #33 on their list of the greatest movie characters of all time. The film includes a famous action sequence in a burning hospital that was shot in one long take lasting 2 minutes and 42 seconds with a single handheld camera. If you haven’t seen Hard Boiled, you really should. Normally I’d recommend Netflixing the movie, but this time I’m going to tell you just to buy it — there is no excuse not to own it. Amazon is selling copies of the double disc Ultimate edition for around $11. Strangely enough, the PlayStation 3 version of the Collector’s Edition of Stranglehold contains the only high-definition version of the film currently available as a bonus option.

The official box description of the game offers the following plot description: “Honor is his code. Vengeance is his mission. Bloodshed is his only option…” … “Ensnared by a crime boss with a gripping secret, Inspector Tequila is forced to cross the line from sworn duty to bloody revenge.” … “Tequila’s loyalties to the force are tested when his ex-wife is kidnapped by the Russian mob in Chicago. Tequila struggles to balance his duty to uphold the law with doing what it takes to save his family. Carve a unique path of massive destruction and use the environment as a weapon against your enemies. The highly modified Unreal 3.0 engine breathes new life into game environments and characters with stunning graphics & an ever-changing battleground.”

The news was buried within a THR article from three days ago (and somehow no one noticed?!) about a remake of the Chuck Norris Vietnam action film Missing in Action, which the same screenwriters are penning for MGM and WWE.

I hope this turns out to be true, and if it does I pray to god that Chow Yun and John Woo deliver an action film just as good as the ones from their HK action days. Hard Boiled and The Killer are my two favorite action/shoot em up movies of all time!

Sequel to John Woo's Hard Boiled (aka Stranglehold the Movie!) 123036
    fat freddys cat
    fat freddys cat

Sequel to John Woo's Hard Boiled (aka Stranglehold the Movie!) Empty Re: Sequel to John Woo's Hard Boiled (aka Stranglehold the Movie!)

Post  fat freddys cat Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:02 am

Hard Boiled would be in my top five action movies, so am looking forward to this.

First game i got for my 360 was strangle hold, so bring it on !!!

Be great too see Woo return to form also........
    screams
    screams

Sequel to John Woo's Hard Boiled (aka Stranglehold the Movie!) Empty Re: Sequel to John Woo's Hard Boiled (aka Stranglehold the Movie!)

Post  screams Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:56 pm

I've never seen a John Woo movie. I've always wanted to see one, but I just never have. I don't know which ones to get. Maybe I will check out Hard Boiled.
    Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Post  Brendan Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:22 pm

screams wrote:I've never seen a John Woo movie. I've always wanted to see one, but I just never have. I don't know which ones to get. Maybe I will check out Hard Boiled.

Check out Hard Boiled and The Killer.
    fat freddys cat
    fat freddys cat

Post  fat freddys cat Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:40 am

Brendan wrote:
    screams wrote:I've never seen a John Woo movie. I've always wanted to see one, but I just never have. I don't know which ones to get. Maybe I will check out Hard Boiled.

Check out Hard Boiled and The Killer.

Also A better tomorrow 1 and 2 and Face Off........
    kt7777
    kt7777

Post  kt7777 Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:40 am

You guys know I'm a big Woo fan(I always talk about the Woo man on SHH!).And this is GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!.I have almost all John Woo films on DVD except Hero's Shed No Tears and Bullet In The Head(which are underrated Woo films).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:25 am