Punisher War Zone (Former SHH members)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Punisher War Zone (Former SHH members)

The Punisher SHH forums are down, so now we've created this forum to continue discussing our love for all things Punisher.

4 posters

Punisher comics

fat freddys cat
    fat freddys cat

Punisher comics Empty Punisher comics

Post  fat freddys cat Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:46 am

I just thought i should start a thread on the two Punisher titles out at the moment

Frank Castle the Punisher (MAX)

and

Punisher

Oh !! and of course any other punisher appearances and any specials he might be in..............

For me as a long time fan of Franks i have too say am liking both the MAX AND the punisher comic....

I would just like to ask,

does anyone think the MAX comic is MU 616 ? Marvel have not stated other wise like..........

I think it is, but i seem to be in the minorty......

Wink
    Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Punisher comics Empty Re: Punisher comics

Post  Brendan Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Hey guys, this is the second comic thread that hasn't been posted in the comics section. Is the section showing up on the forums at all when you come on? Cause no one has posted in it yet which is a little confusing. I want to make sure there are no technical difficulties going on either.
    screams
    screams

Post  screams Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:09 am

I don't see it. I was actually going to suggest making one.
    Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Post  Brendan Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:21 am

screams wrote:I don't see it. I was actually going to suggest making one.

Alright, I'll look into fixing it now. No point in having it there if only I can see it. Let me guys know once you see it.
    screams
    screams

Post  screams Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:01 pm

I haven't read any of the post-Ennis Max stuff. Is it any good?
    fat freddys cat
    fat freddys cat

Post  fat freddys cat Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:07 am

screams wrote:I haven't read any of the post-Ennis Max stuff. Is it any good?

Its good,

but,

its not Ennis, if you know what i mean ?

Like the first arc after Ennis left, Girls in white dresses, was good, (if a bit uneven story/tone wise) and it really suffered really badly, coming so soon after Ennis's truly great tenature on the character......... But its worth picking up the trade of it......

Now the new arc,Six hours to kill am liking more, so far, cause of its humour/pace. The writer Duane Swierczynski, is a serious fan boy of the punisher and it shows, this story has not yet finished so i can't say how it will end up, but two issues in and its great!

But for me, the best post Ennis story, was the Xmas special by Jason (Scalped) Aaron, the story is brutal and has one of the all time greatest iconic punisher moments.... i will say no more, only to say to pick this one up as soon as!
    Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Post  Brendan Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:40 am

The thing I didn't like about Girls in White Dresses was that we all knew Jigsaw was going to appear cause we all saw that online. They never really revealed him until the end of part 4, and then in the next issue the confrontation between him and Frank is so quick its over before you realize it. This was the first time we've had another classic character appear in the MAX series since In the Beginning, and they treated him like a throw away character. I would have like to have seen him kick as much ass as Barracuda did in Long, Cold Dark.
    fat freddys cat
    fat freddys cat

Post  fat freddys cat Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:37 am

Brendan wrote: This was the first time we've had another classic character appear in the MAX series since In the Beginning, and they treated him like a throw away character. I would have like to have seen him kick as much ass as Barracuda did in Long, Cold Dark.

Very good point, the fight was over way too soon,

but i did like it,

that Jigsaw got away and did not die............
    Jokerface89

Post  Jokerface89 Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:31 pm

How was jigsaw portrayed in the story? Was he as usual more of a nuisance then a threat or did he come off as a actual good foe for castle.
    Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Post  Brendan Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:59 pm

Jokerface89 wrote:How was jigsaw portrayed in the story? Was he as usual more of a nuisance then a threat or did he come off as a actual good foe for castle.

Well... He wasn't a joke or comedic character like he was in the past. Just some guy in a gas mask doing business with some Mexicans. There really wasn't enough of him to make much of a judgment of his character. But they were trying to play him off as serious in this.

welcome to the forums.
    Jokerface89

Post  Jokerface89 Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:35 pm

Brendan wrote:
    Jokerface89 wrote:How was jigsaw portrayed in the story? Was he as usual more of a nuisance then a threat or did he come off as a actual good foe for castle.

Well... He wasn't a joke or comedic character like he was in the past. Just some guy in a gas mask doing business with some Mexicans. There really wasn't enough of him to make much of a judgment of his character. But they were trying to play him off as serious in this.

welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the welcome anyway I'm glade to know that they are trying to make jigsaw a more serious threat.
    fat freddys cat
    fat freddys cat

Post  fat freddys cat Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:16 am

Yea see that's the thing about Jigsaw he is the exception that proves the rule when it comes to the Punisher.....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:21 am