Punisher War Zone (Former SHH members)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Punisher War Zone (Former SHH members)

The Punisher SHH forums are down, so now we've created this forum to continue discussing our love for all things Punisher.

5 posters

It is Official: Mickey Rourke is in Iron Man 2

Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

It is Official: Mickey Rourke is in Iron Man 2 Empty It is Official: Mickey Rourke is in Iron Man 2

Post  Brendan Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:13 pm

Source:
    http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/03/11/mickey-rourke-finally-confirmed-for-iron-man-2/

First Showing reports that Nikki Finke of Deadline Hollywood Daily has confirmed that Mickey Rourke has officially signed on to play a villain in Iron Man 2:

"I just heard that ICM has scored its second casting deal for Marvel's Iron Man 2. After at first being low-balled by the studio to the tune of $250K, Rourke has signed on for the role of the Russian villain in the sequel after his agent David Unger got the quote up to a "significant" level despite this punishing economic climate where the studios are taking advantage of talent. (No wonder Mickey kept thanking Unger so profusely in acceptance speeches for the BAFTA, Golden Globes, Spirit, and other awards.) But don't expect Marvel to confirm any of this: they won't until all the i's are dotted and t's crossed on the contracts. I can also tell you that Sony was considering hiring Mickey to play the villain in Spider-Man 4."

Iron Man 2, which will once again star Robert Downey Jr. with Jon Favreau directing, as a May 7th, 2010 release date.
    screams
    screams

It is Official: Mickey Rourke is in Iron Man 2 Empty Re: It is Official: Mickey Rourke is in Iron Man 2

Post  screams Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:25 pm

I saw this earlier. Sounds good. He seems like he'd make a good villain.
    Kable24
    Kable24

It is Official: Mickey Rourke is in Iron Man 2 Empty Re: It is Official: Mickey Rourke is in Iron Man 2

Post  Kable24 Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:20 am

Can't wait to hear who he is confirmed to be playing. I've read different stories on who he is playing.

I'm not thrilled that Johanson is playing Black Widow.
    screams
    screams

Post  screams Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:44 am

Actually, I believe Johanson is out. She's doing Gulliver's Travels instead.

EDIT: Oh crap, you're right. Nevermind.
    Kable24
    Kable24

Post  Kable24 Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:19 pm

I'm sure Johanson's Russian accent will be as good as her English accent in The Prestige. At least I think she was trying for an English accent in that movie.
    Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Post  Brendan Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:23 pm

It will be like Shannon Elizabeth's accent in American Pie.

Word on the street is that Rourke is playing Whiplash.
    Sgt.Castle
    Sgt.Castle

Post  Sgt.Castle Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:12 pm

Mickey Rourke is one of my Favorite actors of all time so this is great news.
    screams
    screams

Post  screams Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:01 pm

screams wrote:Actually, I believe Johanson is out. She's doing Gulliver's Travels instead.

EDIT: Oh crap, you're right. Nevermind.

I was mixing her up with Emily Blunt.
    Jokerface89

Post  Jokerface89 Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:26 pm

I'm glade to hear rouke is playing in the movie I'm just slighly dispointed he will be called whiplash but at least they are combing that with chacterstics of the crimson dynamo.
    Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Post  Brendan Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:02 pm

It looks like he'll basically be playing a gimp!

It is Official: Mickey Rourke is in Iron Man 2 138662-139393-whiplash_large

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:04 pm