Punisher War Zone (Former SHH members)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Punisher War Zone (Former SHH members)

The Punisher SHH forums are down, so now we've created this forum to continue discussing our love for all things Punisher.

2 posters

Rorschach is Freddy

Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Rorschach is Freddy Empty Rorschach is Freddy

Post  Brendan Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:35 am

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118002124.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&nid=2562

Jackie Earle Haley is going to Elm Street, signing to star as iconic killer Freddy Krueger in New Line and Platinum Dunes' relaunch of "A Nightmare on Elm Street."

Platinum Dunes partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form are producing with John Rickard co-producing. Samuel Bayer will direct from Wesley Strick's script, with lensing set to begin next month in Chicago.

New Line decided last year to relaunch the movie series centered on the iconic killer, who haunts the dreams of teenagers and kills them in their sleep. Krueger was originally played by Robert Englund in the 1984 original, spawing nine films and two TV series in what was New Line's most lucrative franchise until "The Lord of the Rings."

The relaunch comes on the heels of New Line and Platinum Dunes' rebirth of another horror franchise, "Friday the 13th," which has grossed $65 million domestically since its launch on Friday, Feb. 13.

Haley starred in "Watchmen" as Rorschach and will next be seen opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in Phoenix Pictures' "Shutter Island," directed by Martin Scorsese.

I think its an interesting choice. Of course I'd rather see Robert Englund but I guess that isn't going to happen, but I think there are still rumors going around about him making a cameo.

There is also a script already leaked online but I haven't read it yet.
    Blitzkrieg Bop
    Blitzkrieg Bop

Rorschach is Freddy Empty Re: Rorschach is Freddy

Post  Blitzkrieg Bop Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:03 am

Haley was pretty good in Watchmen, with the big exception of one scene. But he made up for it in his last one. I will admit, that even though I knew it was going to happen, I started to tear up. I really can't see anyone else playing Freddy, so I'm even more grateful that Haley came out of retirement.

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:35 pm