Punisher War Zone (Former SHH members)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Punisher War Zone (Former SHH members)

The Punisher SHH forums are down, so now we've created this forum to continue discussing our love for all things Punisher.

+9
fat freddys cat
Punisher_MAX
Mike
War Zone
screams
Sgt.Castle
Kable24
Brendan
Team Andino
13 posters

What would you change?

Balthus Dire
    Balthus Dire

What would you change? - Page 2 Empty Re: What would you change?

Post  Balthus Dire Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:23 pm

Mike wrote:I don't recall, but are there any wide establishing shots at all in the movie?

She has a couple nice ones in the church and the mansion at the start. There's also a lot of wides during the city street shots.

But if you watch whenever two characters are having a conversation it's like 95% of the time insanely close shots with massive room on one side. The police station, the cemetary, Frank's lair, any scene that takes place in a car...

I'd love to say it was budgeting restrictions but nay, it was just poor shot selection. Or maybe poor editing depending on how much footage they took, but I doubt that's the case.
    Mike
    Mike

Post  Mike Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:33 pm

Someone over at IMDb had the same problem and apparently the dp showed up and said that it was all intentional framing.
    Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Post  Brendan Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:50 am

Balthus Dire wrote:

Incase you don't understand what I mean, the character will be framed on either the far left or right side of the screen with a MASSIVE gap of space on the other side. Sometimes it's painful to watch like when Micro and Frank talk for the first time. Frank has this massive empty space next to him for absolutely no reason, and they don't even vary it with the editing by throwing in some over the shoulder shots...it's just FACE cut to FACE cut to FACE...

That's my biggest beef with PWZ to be honest.

Well usually in a dialogue scene its best to have some lead room on one side of the frame when you're shooting a conversation between two characters. Basically an asymmetrical shot. If one character is on the left, leave some space on the right side of the frame. Cut to close up on other guy on the right with space left open on the left side.

Its been awhile since I've seen the movie so I don't remember it really being as bad as you say it is.
    Balthus Dire
    Balthus Dire

Post  Balthus Dire Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:00 pm

Brendan wrote:
    Balthus Dire wrote:

Incase you don't understand what I mean, the character will be framed on either the far left or right side of the screen with a MASSIVE gap of space on the other side. Sometimes it's painful to watch like when Micro and Frank talk for the first time. Frank has this massive empty space next to him for absolutely no reason, and they don't even vary it with the editing by throwing in some over the shoulder shots...it's just FACE cut to FACE cut to FACE...

That's my biggest beef with PWZ to be honest.

Well usually in a dialogue scene its best to have some lead room on one side of the frame when you're shooting a conversation between two characters. Basically an asymmetrical shot. If one character is on the left, leave some space on the right side of the frame. Cut to close up on other guy on the right with space left open on the left side.

Its been awhile since I've seen the movie so I don't remember it really being as bad as you say it is.

Oh yes, I know...but she leaves a football field of lead room. Also, she doesn't even follow the rule properly sometimes. In the scene when Micro and Frank are talking in his lair, Micro is on the right side of the screen and when it cuts back to frank he's also on the right side, looking screen right at Micro. It's just bizarre framing and it makes no sense.

Next time you watch it keep it in mind. I know it's pretty standard practice to have lead room and close up shots but not like this, and most movies vary it up at least with an OTS here and there.
    Blitzkrieg Bop
    Blitzkrieg Bop

Post  Blitzkrieg Bop Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:32 pm

Seeing Microchip die was a little sad, but at least we got him in a movie. I'd rather him die the way he did, rather than get saved magically by Frank like we've seen in countless comic-book movies before. And it's not like he hasn't been killed before...

What would you change? - Page 2 MicrochipsdeathPunisherMAX
    Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Post  Brendan Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:30 am

Welcome to the forums Blitzkrieg Bop.

From what I remember hearing what someone posted on the SHH forums a while back is that in the original script that leaked online, Micro didn't die. I think I also remember reading an interview with Lexi Alexander that his death was a last minute change they made during filming.
    Blitzkrieg Bop
    Blitzkrieg Bop

Post  Blitzkrieg Bop Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:00 am

Thanks. I was beginning to lose my mind when I saw that SHH took down the Punisher forums.
    Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Post  Brendan Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Blitzkrieg Bop wrote:Thanks. I was beginning to lose my mind when I saw that SHH took down the Punisher forums.

Make sure you spread the word. For some reason there are still plenty of people over there who have yet to join this site.
    Blitzkrieg Bop
    Blitzkrieg Bop

Post  Blitzkrieg Bop Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:48 pm

Aye, aye, captain.
    kt7777
    kt7777

Post  kt7777 Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:44 am

Even I really love this film,I think the tone should had been like Rambo4.Frank needed a car in PWZ and I didnt really like him walking down NY in full body armor on(with weapons).

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:56 am