Punisher War Zone (Former SHH members)

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Punisher War Zone (Former SHH members)

The Punisher SHH forums are down, so now we've created this forum to continue discussing our love for all things Punisher.

+8
fat freddys cat
Balthus Dire
Kable24
screams
Punisher_MAX
Brendan
Sgt.Castle
Team Andino
12 posters

Who did you like most as The Punisher

Team Andino
    Team Andino

Who did you like most as The Punisher Empty Who did you like most as The Punisher

Post  Team Andino Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Who was your favorite actor who portrayed Punisher? I enjoyed Thomas Jane a lot but I really did love how Stevenson treated the part. I just wish Ray was in a better Punisher flick, he didn't deserve the film he was in to truly give the character justice.
    Sgt.Castle
    Sgt.Castle

Who did you like most as The Punisher Empty Re: Who did you like most as The Punisher

Post  Sgt.Castle Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:50 pm

I really liked all Three of them.

I think Jane was probably the best though....he was VERY believable.

Unfortunately, all Three actors were put in really shitty films.
    Team Andino
    Team Andino

Who did you like most as The Punisher Empty Re: Who did you like most as The Punisher

Post  Team Andino Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:06 pm

C.McManus wrote:I really liked all Three of them.

I think Jane was probably the best though....he was VERY believable.

Unfortunately, all Three actors were put in really shitty films.
    I really did enjoy Thomas Jane a lot an I was upset when I found out he was no longer attached to Punisher: War Zone. I was even more upset when they finally did recast him with Stevenson (even though I had no idea who he was) I was just upset that it was official that Jane wasn't coming back. But I gotta hand it to Stevenson I truly loved the scene of him at the cemetery with the flashbacks of him having fun with his kids and even his great reaction to when the little girl asked him if his daughter minded if she played with her toys and he coldly responded no without blinking an eye.
    Sgt.Castle
    Sgt.Castle

Post  Sgt.Castle Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:36 pm

I Damn near had a mental break down when I found out Jane wasn't attached. Jane's version is actually what got me into the Punisher.

I was intruged when I discovered they recast with Ray Stevenson, though I didn't know who he was.

Stevenson was very believable. You could feel his pain, and he didn't even have to say anything.....just his eyes....looks like his family was actually killed hahaha.
    Team Andino
    Team Andino

Post  Team Andino Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:40 pm

C.McManus wrote:Jane's version is actually what got me into the Punisher.
    HA same here, I never knew much about Punisher before hand but after seeing the 04 film I truly fell in love with the character. I remember being so excited to buy my first Punisher shirt which was the one used in the film. Now I have a nice collection of Punisher shirts and trade paperbacks of Punisher MAX stories.
    Sgt.Castle
    Sgt.Castle

Post  Sgt.Castle Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:02 pm

Yep, after I got the DVD for christmas, I just fell in love with the character. I was so use to Spider-man, and the X-men, and the "Kiddy" stuff, so seeing a (Kinda)"Good guy" Killing criminals was kind of like a breath of fresh air. something WAY out of the ordinary.

Now I have a handful of the MAX books and a handful of old-school comics, and a couple different T-shirts.
    Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Post  Brendan Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:45 pm

I hated the 1989 Punisher film when I saw it. When it first started I thought to myself "this can't be too bad." but as it progressed it got worse and worse. The moment where they spent 5 minutes (for me it felt more like 15) of Frank shooting at slot machines stands out to me the most. That and the subplot with the kidnapped kids felt eerily similar to the subplot in the Power Rangers movie.

I guess I should watch it again and I could get a whole different experience out of it, since sometimes bad movies are fun to watch because they're basically unintentional comedies. But I already gave my copy away so that probably won't happen anytime soon.

I enjoyed the 2004 movie since when I first saw it I wasn't a huge Punisher fan yet much like you guys. So over awhile I didn't like it as much as I did the first time but Tom Jane still stood out to me.

I also wasn't convinced of Ray Stevenson yet when he was first announced. Then I took the time to watch the whole first season of Rome. After that, I realized this actor was perfect for a character like Frank. And thankfully I was right and I think he's the best actor of the three to play the character. Only negative criticism I can think of in regards to him playing Frank is that one damn line where he says "Don't die on my kid." Wish they had dropped that one along with the kick your ass out of hell thing.
    Punisher_MAX
    Punisher_MAX

Post  Punisher_MAX Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:49 pm

I liked Ray better as The Punisher, Stevenson is an amazing actor and the only reason we didnt see him fully explore Frank was because of the damn script.

I do love Jane's voice for the 05 Game.
    Sgt.Castle
    Sgt.Castle

Post  Sgt.Castle Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:20 am

Punisher_MAX wrote:I liked Ray better as The Punisher, Stevenson is an amazing actor and the only reason we didnt see him fully explore Frank was because of the damn script.

Yeah the script was shit. Almost EVERYTHING was shit in War Zone.

And I always thought It'd be cool if Jane Did The V.O in an animated series or something.......damn.....I miss playing the 05 game Sad
    screams
    screams

Post  screams Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:24 pm

I think Ray Stevenson was the best as The Punisher, but overall the movie fell short to the '04 one. They are close and I love them both, but both have their strengths and weaknesses.
    Punisher_MAX
    Punisher_MAX

Post  Punisher_MAX Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:25 pm

C.McManus wrote:
    Punisher_MAX wrote:I liked Ray better as The Punisher, Stevenson is an amazing actor and the only reason we didnt see him fully explore Frank was because of the damn script.

Yeah the script was shit. Almost EVERYTHING was shit in War Zone.

And I always thought It'd be cool if Jane Did The V.O in an animated series or something.......damn.....I miss playing the 05 game Sad

im playing the game again for the first time in a while...if the sequel to the 04 one followed what the game did it wouldve been amazing.
    screams
    screams

Post  screams Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:27 pm

I got that game a couple of months ago, now that I have an Xbox... man, I was impressed with it. I thought it was going to be a pretty mediocre game.
    Team Andino
    Team Andino

Post  Team Andino Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:29 pm

That game its lots of fun. I sadly never got to beat it, I got stuck fighting the Russian the 2nd time an could never beat him there. I took a break an unfortunately haven't touched it since.
    Brendan
    Brendan
    Admin

Post  Brendan Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:44 pm

Has anyone played the new Punisher game yet?
    Kable24
    Kable24

Post  Kable24 Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:31 pm

Brendan wrote:Has anyone played the new Punisher game yet?

No, I don't have the PS3. I hope at some point it gets released on Xbox Marketplace.
    Team Andino
    Team Andino

Post  Team Andino Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Kable24 wrote:

No, I don't have the PS3. I hope at some point it gets released on Xbox Marketplace.
    Unfortunately I think its suppose to stay a PS3 exclusive. Eventually when I pick up a PS3 we'll have to have a match of all of us from the Punisher forums Very Happy
    Sgt.Castle
    Sgt.Castle

Post  Sgt.Castle Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:32 pm

Team Andino wrote:
    Kable24 wrote:

Unfortunately I think its suppose to stay a PS3 exclusive. Eventually when I pick up a PS3 we'll have to have a match of all of us from the Punisher forums Very Happy

Unfortunatley I don't own a PS3, I will never be able to afford one either Sad
    Punisher_MAX
    Punisher_MAX

Post  Punisher_MAX Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:04 pm

Team Andino wrote:That game its lots of fun. I sadly never got to beat it, I got stuck fighting the Russian the 2nd time an could never beat him there. I took a break an unfortunately haven't touched it since.

really? the russian was pretty easy.
    Team Andino
    Team Andino

Post  Team Andino Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:49 pm

Punisher_MAX wrote:
    Team Andino wrote:That game its lots of fun. I sadly never got to beat it, I got stuck fighting the Russian the 2nd time an could never beat him there. I took a break an unfortunately haven't touched it since.

really? the Russian was pretty easy.
    I had trouble timing the explosion of the barrels with him running by them. I only tried it like twice and took a break which Ive yet to end.
    Sgt.Castle
    Sgt.Castle

Post  Sgt.Castle Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:17 am

Team Andino wrote:
    Punisher_MAX wrote:

really? the Russian was pretty easy.
    I had trouble timing the explosion of the barrels with him running by them. I only tried it like twice and took a break which Ive yet to end.

Yeah that part aggravated the hell outa' me.

It took me about a week to get past it.

I wish they had a co-op mode on that game were you could play as Fury, Like the old SEGA game
    Kable24
    Kable24

Post  Kable24 Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:40 am

Team Andino wrote:
    Kable24 wrote:

Yeah, I don't think my wife would appreciate me buying a PS3 just for that considering I came home with a Wii this past weekend. 2 gaming systems, plus I still have my modded PS2 hooked up. She might throw a hissy fit.
    Sgt.Castle
    Sgt.Castle

Post  Sgt.Castle Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:06 am

Kable24 wrote:
    Team Andino wrote:
    Kable24 wrote:

Yeah, I don't think my wife would appreciate me buying a PS3 just for that considering I came home with a Wii this past weekend. 2 gaming systems, plus I still have my modded PS2 hooked up. She might throw a hissy fit.

Hehehe, Hissy fit....

Damn you guys are lucky,I'm still playing SEGA Sad
    Kable24
    Kable24

Post  Kable24 Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:21 am

Sgt.Castle wrote:
    Kable24 wrote:
    Team Andino wrote:
    Kable24 wrote:

Hehehe, Hissy fit....

Damn you guys are lucky,I'm still playing SEGA Sad

Genesis or Master System? lol

I miss my Sega Genesis
    Kable24
    Kable24

Post  Kable24 Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:36 am

As for who I liked best as the Punisher, I think jane edges them all out for me, with Ray being a close 2nd. All three actors brought something though to the role.

Dolph was the 80's killing machine with the death wish. The guy looked like a Jim Lee drawing of the Punisher.

Tom is our Marvel Knight Punisher. I think the audience got more emotionally into him because we got to see his family get slaughtered. I mean every time I watch the movie and he's on the motorcycle trying to get to Maria and Will, I always hope he catches up in time to save them. He brought the human side of the Punisher out.

Ray brought the MAX version of the Punisher. He's cold, calculating and is in it for the next mission. The only times we saw anything remotely humanizing about him was when he realized he shot the fed and the little girl.

it's just to bad the execution of the three movies wasn't the greatest. All novice director's and the writing just sucked. The actors were the only good part about all three.
    screams
    screams

Post  screams Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Kable24 wrote:it's just to bad the execution of the three movies wasn't the greatest. All novice director's and the writing just sucked. The actors were the only good part about all three.

Agreed. Actually, I agree with most of your post. I liked Ray the best, that's all.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:45 am